Top 9 Landscaping Tips for Your Garden
In this short article, we’ll help you with some very important landscaping tips applicable to all gardens. Let’s start!
- Bank on your garden shape – Gardens which are shaped awkwardly (with several curves and circles) can be utilised to create some fantastic garden features and interesting transition zones. Studies have revealed that such circles and curves can evoke feelings of tranquility, calmness and relaxation.
- Avoid going overboard with feature elements – Less is more principle works the best when going about garden features. Avoid installing too many features as the chances are high that none of them may get noticed and appreciated.
- Give your gardens a larger look – You can make strategic use of large format pavers in simple patterns and lush green walls to give your garden a bigger appearance. People also use hanging wall art and mirrors for the same purpose.
- Redirect attention – In case you aren’t able to properly screensomething which is unsightly, you can easily divert people’s attention from it by placing some garden art or feature close to it. Soft music or trickling water sound can also be effectively used to divert attention from the road noise.
- Take care of compliance issues – Ensure that all built structures such as ponds, decks, pergolas, fences, walls etc. comply with Perth’s Council regulations and building codes.
- Try to incorporate recurring themes – It may be an excellent idea to carry some of the elements of your front garden into your backyard. In addition, try using the same textures and colours as in the interiors of your home. This will bring a certain level of uniformity in your outdoor and indoor spaces.
- Make effective use of music and lighting to create different moods and themes –You can make effective use of functional and mood lighting or connect the outdoor entertaining area lights to a dimmer switch to create special effects. Soft lighting in the garden provides it with an altogether different dimension. Speakers can also be placed at several locations to ensure that everyone gets to enjoy the music.
- Regular maintenance is the key – It won’t take much time for your garden to turn into a living nightmare for you if you don’t maintain it properly. It’s important to do little bit on a regular basis rather than doing a lot occasionally. Try connecting with your garden and you will start enjoying the maintenance routines.
- Be patient – A garden is just like any normal living creature and takes its own time to develop and grow properly. You need to stay patient and continue doing the good work.